The Unicorn Cooks brings you a soup recipe that’s filling. Pasta e fagioli, Italian pasta and bean soup, turns into a meal-in-a-pot with the addition of candy sausage and recent spinach. Utilizing canned beans hastens cooking.
1 pound candy Italian-sausage hyperlinks, casings eliminated
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 medium onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed with garlic press
1 can (28 ounces) plum tomatoes
2 cans (14 1⁄ 2 ounces every) hen broth or 3 1⁄ 2 cups Hen Broth
2 cups water
3 cans (15 to 19 ounces) Nice Northern or white kidney (cannellini) beans, rinsed and drained
6 ounces ditalini or tubetti pasta (1 rounded cup)
5 ounces spinach, washed and dried very properly,
robust stems trimmed, and leaves lower into
freshly grated Parmesan cheese (non-compulsory)
1. Warmth nonreactive 5-quart Dutch oven over medium-high warmth till highly regarded. Add sausage and
prepare dinner till properly browned, breaking apart sausage with aspect of spoon. Switch sausage to bowl.
2. Cut back warmth to medium; add oil to Dutch oven. Add onions and prepare dinner till tender and golden, about
10 minutes. Add garlic; prepare dinner 1 minute. Add tomatoes with their juice, breaking them up with aspect of spoon.
3. Add broth and water; warmth to boiling over excessive warmth. Cut back warmth; cowl and simmer quarter-hour. Add
beans and warmth to boiling; cowl and simmer quarter-hour longer. Add sausage and warmth by way of.
4. In the meantime, in 4-quart saucepan, prepare dinner pasta as label directs, however don’t add salt to water; drain.
5. Simply earlier than serving, stir spinach and cooked pasta into soup. Serve with Parmesan, should you like. Makes
about 16 cups or 8 main-dish servings.