12 ounces (340 g) uncooked shelled peanuts
¾ cup (175 ml) lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
2/3 cup (160 g) tahini
4 cloves of garlic, crushed (roughly, relying on how massive they’re and the way
garlicky you want your hummus)
1/3 cup (80 ml) extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for serving
1 teaspoon floor cumin
1/3 cup (80 ml) water, or as wanted
Salt, to style
¼ cup (15 g) minced recent parsley
Paprika, for garnish
1. Begin by peeling the skins off the peanuts. Put the peanuts in an enormous saucepan, cowl with water, and convey to a boil. All of 3 minutes later, take away them from the warmth and drain. This will loosen the skins, and most of them will come off with rubbing. The extra diligent you are about peeling your peanuts, the creamier your hummus will be.
2. Cowl them with water once more, deliver to a boil, after which flip down the warmth and simmer for an excellent 3 to 4 hours till they’re gentle like several cooked legume, which is, after all, what they’re. Drain them once more. (You are able to do this forward of time and stash them in a snap-top container within the fridge for as much as 5 days.)
3. To make the hummus, put the lemon juice and tahini in a meals processor. Course of these two components for 4 to five minutes. This apparently does one thing magical to enhance the feel of the hummus.
4. Add the boiled peanuts, garlic, olive oil, and cumin. Run the processor till the entire combination is finely floor. Now mix within the water; use just a little roughly water to get the feel you want.
5. Season with salt after which shortly mix within the parsley. It’s achieved! This recipe makes rather a lot, so when you’re not having a celebration, scrape it right into a snap-top container and retailer it within the fridge. You’ll be able to freeze it, too.
6. When it’s time to serve the hummus, spoon some right into a dish, swirling it properly. Mud it with just a little paprika to make it look fairly after which pour some olive oil excessive.