The Unicorn cooks brings you one other scrumptious soup recipe. This wealthy home made soup has a Latin accent with lime and cilantro, and is served with chunks of buttery avocado and crisp tortilla chips.
8 medium all-purpose potatoes (2 1/ 2 kilos)
1 rooster (4 kilos), minimize into 8 items
3 massive stalks celery, every minimize into thirds
3 carrots, peeled and every minimize into thirds
2 medium onions, not peeled, every minimize into quarters
10 cups water
10 sprigs plus 1⁄4 cup chopped contemporary cilantro
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon complete black peppercorns
1 can (15 1⁄4 to 16 ounces) whole-kernel corn, drained
2 teaspoons salt
1⁄4 cup contemporary lime juice (about 2 massive limes)
2 ripe medium avocados, minimize into 1⁄2 -inch items
1. Peel 3 potatoes. In 8-quart Dutch oven, mix rooster, peeled potatoes, celery, carrots, onions, water, cilantro sprigs, bay leaves, and peppercorns; warmth to boiling over excessive warmth. Scale back warmth; cowl and simmer till rooster loses its pink shade all through and greens are tender, 35 to 45 minutes. Switch rooster and potatoes to separate bowls.
2. Pressure broth by means of sieve into massive bowl; discard greens. Skim and discard fats from broth; return broth to identical clear Dutch oven. Mash cooked potatoes with 1 cup broth; stir mashed-potato combination into broth in Dutch oven.
3. Peel and chop remaining 5 potatoes. Add potatoes to broth; warmth to boiling over excessive warmth. Scale back warmth; cowl and simmer till potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
4. In the meantime, discard pores and skin and bones from rooster; minimize rooster into bite-size items. Stir rooster, corn, and salt into broth; warmth by means of.
5. Simply earlier than serving, stir lime juice and chopped cilantro into soup. Serve with avocado, tortilla chips,
and lime wedges. Makes about 16 cups or 8 main-dish servings.