- 6 carrots, peeled
- 3 stalks celery
- roasted turkey carcass, plus 2 cups cooked turkey
- meat, finely chopped
- 2 medium onions, every lower into quarters
- 5 parsley sprigs
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄ 2 bay leaf
- 6 quarts water
- 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup common long-grain rice, cooked as label directs
- 2 tablespoons contemporary lemon juice
1. Lower 2 carrots and 1 stalk celery into 2-inch items. In 12-quart stockpot, mix turkey carcass, carrot and celery items, onions, parsley sprigs, garlic, thyme, bay leaf, and 6 quarts water or sufficient water to cowl; warmth to boiling over excessive warmth. Skim foam from floor. Scale back warmth and simmer,
skimming sometimes, 4 hours.
2. Pressure broth by way of colander set over giant bowl; discard solids. Pressure once more by way of sieve into a number of containers; cool. Cowl and refrigerate in a single day.
3. Take away and discard fats from floor of broth; measure broth and pour into 5-quart saucepot. If vital, boil broth over excessive warmth till diminished to 10 cups to pay attention taste.
4. Lower remaining 4 carrots and remaining 2 stalks celery into 1⁄ 2-inch items; add to broth with salt. Warmth soup to boiling. Scale back warmth and simmer till greens are tender, about quarter-hour. Stir
in cooked rice and turkey; warmth by way of, about 5 minutes. Take away from warmth and stir in lemon juice. Makes about 13 cups or 12 first-course servings.