1 cup (145 g) uncooked sunflower seeds
½ cup (65 g) rice protein powder
2 teaspoons xanthan
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt, plus extra for sprinkling
4 tablespoons (55 g) butter, softened
1 egg white
1 tablespoon (15 ml) water
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C, or fuel mark 4).
2. Put the sunflower seeds, rice protein powder, xanthan, baking powder, and
salt in a meals processor, and run it till the entire thing turns into a wonderful, even
3. Add the butter and run the processor till nicely integrated. Add the egg
white and once more run till it’s integrated. Lastly, add the water and run till
you may have a tender dough.
4. Line a cookie sheet with baking parchment. Make a ball of half the dough
and place in the course of the parchment. Cowl with one other sheet of parchment
and, with a rolling pin, roll out into as skinny and even a sheet as you may.
Peel off the highest sheet of parchment. Utilizing a skinny, sharp, straight-bladed knife, rating the dough into squares, diamonds, or triangles.
5. Bake for 25 minutes or till golden. Whereas they’re baking, roll out and lower the
remainder of the dough on a second cookie sheet. When the primary batch is finished,
bake the second.
6. Cool on the cookie sheets, re-score to interrupt aside, and retailer in a snap-top